Account Setup Guides
Follow the Step-by-Step guide below to setup your MAXITEC Email account in Mozilla Thunderbird.
Thunderbird - Download, Installation & Configuration
Following are the steps how to download, install and set up your Maxitec email account in Thunderbird for Windows.
- Download Mozzilla Thunderbird from www.mozilla.com. It is free and open source.
- Install Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Once the application has started you will be prompted for the setup immediately.
- Select Email account then click on Next
- Enter Your Name: and Email Address: as you want them to appear on outgoing messages, click on Next
- Select POP as the mail server type, the Incoming Server: is popmail.real-time.com, the Outgoing Server:
is mail.real-time.com, click on Next.
- Enter the Incoming User Name: and Outgoing User Name: to log into the server. For almost all situations this
should be the same. Please note that the usernames are case sensitive and must be all in lower case. Click on Next.
- Enter a unique name for this email account in the Account Name: field, your email address is sufficient, click on Next
- In this summary screen you can double check your settings. Use the Back button to go back and make any changes.
Once you are done Uncheck the "Download messages now" checkbox and click on Finish.
- Here is the main Thunderbird email screen, click on Tools.
- And then click on Account Settings...
- This will open the Account Settings screen. Click on Server Settings in the upper left.
- Place a check in the Use secure connection (SSL) checkbox under Server Settings, and click on Outgoing Server (SMTP)
- Click on the TLS, if available radio button to enable secure communications, click on OK to close this screen
- This takes you back to the main Thunderbird screen, click on the Get Mail button in the upper left hand corner.
- This will bring up this warning, click on Accept this certificate permanently radio button and then click on OK
- It will now ask you for your password. Enter the password as it is on the welcome sheet that was faxed to you.
Click on the Use Password Manager to remember this password checkbox. Click on OK
- If you clicked on the Remember Password checkbox (step 28) you will get the following Alert screen, click on OK.
- This takes you back to the main Thunderbird screen. Notice that it has downloaded your messages (assuming email
was available for you..)