Account Setup Guides
Follow the Step-by-Step guide below to setup your MAXITEC Dial-up connection in Microsoft Windows98.
Setup Dial-up for Windows 98:
- On your desktop, Double-click on My Computer, then Dial-Up Networking.
- A window will open saying Dial-up networking, in this window double-click on Make New Connection and
enter Maxitec as the name.
Select your Modem.
- Window will change.
Enter the Phone Number as 0860007249 and select country as South Africa
- Click on Finish
- Once finished it will bring you back to the original Dial-up networking page.
Now RIGHT-click on the Maxitec icon and select Properties.
- Maxitec connection Properties window
- Click on the Server Types tab at the top of the window. Uncheck Log on to network and make sure
ONLY TCP/IP is checked under Allowed network protocols.
- Once done, Click on the TCP/IP Settings tab and enter these addresses
- Once done, click OK until you are back to the Dial-Up Networking folder. Now you are ready to connect to Maxitec
Now to insert your username and password for access onto Maxitec
- Double-click on the Maxitec icon and enter:
User name: your Maxitec username supplied to you
Password: your Maxitec password supplied to you
Once done click on connect...
- Once connected you'll see the following. You can put a checkmark in the Don't Show.... box if you like.