Account Setup Guides
Follow the Step-by-Step guide below to setup your MAXITEC Dial-up connection in Microsoft WindowsME.
Setup Dial-up for Windows ME:
- Start by double clicking on the My Computer icon on your desktop (usually in the top left
corner of the screen), double click on the Control Panel, double click on the Dial-Up Networking
folder, and double click on the Make New Connection icon.
- Double-click on Make New Connection, and choose Next
- Enter Maxitec as the name. Select your Modem, then click Next.
- Enter the Dial-Up Access Number.
- Click on Finish.
- Now continue with the following...
Do-It-Yourself (DUN Properties)
You should be looking at the Dial Up Networking window with an Maxitec connection icon in it. RIGHT-click on the Maxitec icon and select Properties.
- Click on the Networking tab. Make sure the settings look like the ones below.
- Connecting to Maxitec
Double-click on the Internet Hotline icon and enter
User name: your Access Username from your Account Information
Password: your Access Password from your Account Information
Then click Connect
- If you are in a area the requires 10 digit dialing follow the directions below, otherwise skip them.
Click on Dial Properties
Then click on Area Code Rules.
Never dial the area code.